In 1891, Bridgewater was the home to the first Exhibition held in the Drill Shed. Records indicate that the Lunenburg County Exhibition was to be held in Bridgewater on the
5th & 6th days of October.
Over the years the name has changed:
The Lunenburg County Exhibition Commission (1960).
The Lunenburg County South Shore Exhibition (1967).
And finally, in 1973 the name was changed and remains
The South Shore Exhibition.
The exhibition as continued to grow and has expanded to approximately 42 acres of land, and houses over 500 head of livestock, commerical booth space, a large Arts & Crafts display, 4-H exhibits, Arts & Heritage building, Senior's Drop in Centre, hourly musical entertainment in the Main Building, Big Name Country artists on the Main Stage Saturday evening, the midway - which is provided by Campbell's Amusements, and so much more.